Saturday, November 15, 2014

Amazing 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Do you love peanut butter? 
How about chocolate? 
Well then, how about I tell you that these cookies have both those ingredients, and that they are just about the easiest cookies that you will ever make! Yup, it's true, I wouldn't lie. These cookies take only five to ten minutes to prepare, and take about 10-12 minutes to bake. That's it!

Once you take a look at the ingredients list you will notice that there are no oils or flours in this recipe. Please don't panic like I did when I first was introduced to this recipe. I promos you, these cookies will bake just like any other cookie you have made in the past, if not better. The egg replacer and the fat that is naturally in the peanut butter does all the work. 

I can still remember when some friends of mine were telling me about these peanut butter cookies, and I couldn't imagine how the peanut butter wouldn't just melt all over the place. It sounded like a complete disaster. It took me over a year to actually try making them, and when I finally did I was pretty mad at myself for not trying them sooner. They are so good! They are super peanut buttery with just the right amount of dark chocolate. I love to eat them when they are still a little warm with a glass of cold unsweetened coconut milk. Yum! 

Both of my friends recipes were very similar to the one you see here. I have made only a few changes to the original recipe to take them up a notch. So, go ahead and make them today, and I guarantee that they will be amazingly delicious!
Amazing 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup Peanut Butter, chunky or smooth* 
1 cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar, lightly packed
1 1/2 teaspoon Ener-G Egg Replacer plus 2 tablespoons warm water mixed**
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 4 ingredients well, then stir chips in to combine. Drop tablespoon sized balls of dough about 1 to 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press the dough down a little by using the back of a fork. Bake cookies for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet to cooling rack. Once completely cooled you may put them in an airtight container.

Yield: 24 cookies
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.

Notes:
*Do not use natural nut butters, only Jiff, Skippy, etc.)

** You may use 1 large egg in place of the egg replacer. However, please note that your cookies will come ou flatter and will spread out more during baking. I found that the egg replacer did not change the flavor or texture of the cookies at all and allowed the cookies hold their shape much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment