Thursday, May 8, 2014

Say Cheeeeeese!

Product Name: Van's "Say Cheese!" Gluten Free Crackers
Manufacturer: Van's Natural Foods
Overall Rating: 5
Taste: 5
Texture: 5
Shelf Life: 5
Cost: 5 | $2.99
Company Website: http://www.vansfoods.com/our-products-crackers#


Review: If I were to think back to my "normal" days prior to being gluten-free, my favorite snack of choice would be any kind of cheesy cracker I could get my hands on. Every afternoon you could find me at my desk noshing on some Cheez-its, Goldfish Crackers, etc. To me these little cheesy tasty delights were the perfect snack. Crunchy, a little salty, and bursting with cheese flavor...now who wouldn't love that? And then, I had to go gluten-free....da, da dummmmm! My cheesy cracker days were now over! How sad, right? Well, not anymore! 

Every once in a while I take a breeze down the gluten-free aisle at my neighborhood grocery store to see if there is anything new and exciting on the shelves, and to my surprise I found these tasty little buggers! Van's created a cheesy cracker just for me! Why thank you Van's, my prayers have been answered! 

Without even hesitating these cheese crackers were in the cart. Price did not matter. What was in them didn't matter....well, at least at that very moment it didn't. I paid for them at the checkout and I didn't even make it to the car before that box was open and I was popping them in my mouth. And, boy were these good! You know that one good friend of yours that you rarely see, but when you get together it is like no time has passed? Well, this was just that! It was like I never was away from those cheesy crackers I had been missing for the past 5 years. I was in cheesy cracker heaven.
Then, after they passed the taste test with outstanding marks, I actually read the box to see what was in them. I wanted to see if I was just putting garbage in my mouth, or if they had any nutritional merit whatsoever. And, again to my surprise, these were actually made of good quality ingredients that I could eat AND feel good about it. 

I am very conscious (well, most of the time) about what I eat. I respect my body and try to treat it with a clean and healthy diet. I eat very few packaged foods. So, when I saw that these crackers were made of only good ingredients, I was even more happy than before. These are made with whole grains, no GMOs, and packed with protein. See for yourself!
Since my first purchase only in February, I have purchased 4 more boxes. Now, do I stick to the suggested serving of 30 crackers as stated on the box? Generally yes, but sometimes I just have to go back for "a few more." If you were a fan of the cheesy crackers like me, I urge you to try these. You won't regret it. I promise. 

Van's has another flavor at my local grocery store called "Lot's of Everything." I've tried them, and they are good, but in my opinion just not as good as their cheesy version. They are just in a class all by themselves.

Enjoy your cheesy bites of goodness and please let me know what you think of them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment